When Apollo Solutions Group first approached Fairfield about the Department of Commerce’s Solar Grant Program, as well as a TransAlta Energy Technology Grant, it was apparent that the out of pocket requirements would be easily covered through the amount of production from a 100 kW solar array.
After performing a Preliminary Energy Analysis the Town’s Waste Water Treatment Plant became the best possible location for the array as it was an already fenced area with access to the needed electrical service close by.
Apollo was successful in applying for, and securing both solar grants on behalf of the Town of Fairfield and they have entered into a net metering agreement with Avista Utilities. The 100 kW Fixed Solar Array will produce approximately 113,400 kWh and drastically reduce electrical charges from Avista by over $12,315 / year.
Relevant Project Details:
- Secured a Department of Commerce Solar Grant = $268,000
- Secured TransAlta Solar Grant = $290,000
- Fixed 100 kW Photo-Voltaic Solar Array.
- Energy Cost Produced per year = $12,315
- Guaranteed Annual Electrical Production of 113,400 kWh/Year.