The school district had passed a capital levy to address some these projects but also wanted to take advantage of as many grant opportunities as possible. The first phase of work using district capital dollars included: modifying existing diesel-fired steam boilers to operate at desired set points and sequencing with integration of all controls with recently updated DDC system (including security).
Relevant Project Details:
- The total non-guaranteed costs, including Washington State taxes and DES Fees, is $137,415.
- The list of FIMs include: Modify existing diesel-fired steam boilers to operate at desired set points and sequencing, and Integrating all controls with recently updated DDC system.
- Benefits of the above FIMs include: Improved indoor air quality, energy efficiency, and reliability. Improved reliability of heating system, and increased security.
- Annual Energy Cost Savings of $7,114.
- 9.8% reduction in annual utility cost.
- Annual guaranteed electrical savings of 39,789 kWh and annual guaranteed #2 fuel oil savings of 1,502 gallons.