When Apollo Solutions Group first approached the City about Washington State’s Energy Program, as well as Solar Grants through the Department of Commerce and TransAlta Corporation, the City became very interested in exploring these options further.
After performing a Preliminary Energy Analysis it became very apparent that the City would be eligible for both Solar Grants, and they had an ideal location at their Well #1.
Apollo was successful in applying for, and securing both solar grants on behalf of the City of Granger. The City has entered into a net metering agreement with Pacific Power. The 50 kW Fixed Solar Array will reduce the energy costs at their well by over 54%.
Relevant Project Details:
- Secured a Department of Commerce Energy Grant = $145,000
- Secured TransAlta Technology Energy Grant = $165,000
- Fixed 50 kW Photo-Voltaic Solar Array.
- Energy Savings Produced per year = $7,095
- Guaranteed Annual Electrical Production of 66,744 kWh/Year.