Apollo Solutions Group, an energy saving performance contractor, is seeking a Site Superintendent. The Site Superintendent is the on-site team leader and is responsible for supervising all on-site activities and completing the work safely, on schedule, within budget, and with the highest quality while maintaining strong working relationships with owners, consultants, and sub-contractors. Responsibilities also include supervising field employees, efficiently communicating with all team members, monitoring subcontractor’s progress, and confirming a high-quality work product, and overseeing all day-to-day activities on the job site.
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully delivering general/mechanical/electrical projects ranging in value up to $20M. You may be required to work on multiple job sites, travel will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep the project site clean and always enforce safety.
- Schedule and supervise all labor and materials on the jobsite.
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers to ensure work gets done efficiently and makes sure the work meets the highest quality standards.
- Maintain positive relationships with subcontractors and understand each subcontractor’s scope of work.
- Always create strong relationships with the client and act in a professional manner
- Communicate frequently and efficiently with Project Manager and Executives regarding project status.
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure the project is completed within the budget and schedule from start to finish.
- Develop, distribute, and update the project short interval schedule including coordination with the Project Manager and subcontractors to create and maintain a realistic ongoing schedule update.
- Resolve conflicts arising on the jobsite quickly and thoroughly.
- Ensure all assigned tools are used properly and kept in good shape.
- Understand all project documentation to clarify any questions and communicate any necessary changes to the team.
- Promote a positive team environment within the jobsite.
- Attend corporate superintendent safety meetings to keep updated on company policies and progress.
- Act as the responsible competent person for all onsite safety concerns, including conducting onsite safety meetings.
- Maintain project as-built drawings.
- Coordinate inspections, commissioning activities, punch list observations and owner training
- Confirm there is always supervision on the jobsite while work is being performed.
- Ensure project is closed out successfully to the client’s satisfaction.
- Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a strong knowledge base of foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Possess great organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create a supportive team environment.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Bluebeam/PDF, spreadsheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based scheduling software such as Microsoft Project
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience as a Project Superintendent on large mechanical and/or electrical projects or equivalent combination of education and experience
- As an alternate, more than 5 years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent on large scale construction projects or multiple years as a lead carpenter or sheet metal foreman.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage: $95,000-110,000k per year