The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting a project management team with the following tasks including but not limited to:
- Support project management team with development of jobsite documentation (RFIs, change orders, ASIs, supplemental design documentation, QA/QC, submittals, etc.)
- Coordinate with shop and field supervision for deliveries of equipment and material
- Act as lead for development and assembly estimates and budgets for change orders
- Attend project meetings both internally and externally with project stakeholders.
- Write and track purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Work independently with project controls and fieldwork supervision for update of project schedules
- Act as lead for engineering support to our client regarding the design, installation, and commissioning of the UPF HVAC systems.
- Ensure project deliverable adherence to stringent quality assurance requirements.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior and mid-level project engineers.
- Act as liaison between project management, quality control, senior engineering personnel, shop personnel and field crews
- Manage project resources, schedules, and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective outcomes.
- Identify project risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Maintain project tracking logs for fabrication and equipment installation for schedule incorporation and accurate project reporting.
- Develop weld maps in support of field modifications of HVAC duct as required by field installation teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Proficient with learning and applying technical concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of working in compliance with stringent quality assurance requirements. Experience with ASME NQA-1 quality assurance requirements is a plus.
- Experience on a Department of Energy project is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in challenging field conditions and adapt to changing priorities.
- Field engineering experience working directly with craft personnel.
- Proficient with software systems including Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, and AutoCAD.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in project engineering with significant exposure to commercial HVAC systems.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic any characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage: $45-$60 per hour