The Leak Testing Coordinator is responsible for assigned activities within the Quality Manual. Leak Testing Coordinator assures oversight and planning of the proper use of processes, procedures, and their implementation.
- Performing assigned duties to ensure appropriate leak testing coverage.
- Assuring oversight of the proper use of processes, procedures, and their implementation.
- Attaining and maintaining required training and qualifications for testing and inspection as identified in the quality program and specified by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Reviewing and/or completing (including documenting) leak tests and inspections in accordance with design and plans to validate attributes comply with acceptance criteria specified in the document. Inspection and Test plan elements include attributes to be inspected or tested; description of inspection method or process to be used; identification of organization responsible for the inspection; acceptance criteria; measuring and test equipment (M&TE) used to perform the inspection is of the correct type, range accuracy and tolerance, and is within calibration period; methods to record inspection results; and the identification of any mandatory hold points.
- Candidates must be able to read and understand specific instructions to ensure proper inspections, documentation and verifications have been performed and provide reporting as required by specific contracts.
- This job description is not intended to include every duty, task, or instruction for which an employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned based on business needs and the Quality Managers request.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or equivalent education in area of expertise with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in implementing Pressure Change Leak Testing; or in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience.
- Initial Leak Testing Coordinator capabilities include evaluation of education, experience and training. Candidate should possess sufficient background, knowledge, and training in pressure change leak testing.
- Department of Energy, NRC, or Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program experience preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic any characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.