Journeyman Service Plumber
The Journeyman Service Plumber will be responsible for the following tasks including but not limited to:
- Ability to work in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions on rooftops, outside of buildings, and residences, crawlspaces, attics, and other types of confined spaces.
- Perform physical work that requires the regular use of fingers, hands, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Regularly lift or move up to 10lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50lbs.
- Work from either a step ladder, extension ladder, or man lift.
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue education through available company and industry training.
- Ability to execute all job duties and responsibilities of the Journeyman Plumber.
- Supervision and company oversight of State of Washington Plumbing License requirements for Journeyman and Apprentice plumbers and Mechanical Pipefitters.
- Supervision, code oversight, planning, and layout for the installation of equipment and piping systems for Plumbing, Mechanical, and HVAC, systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical and plumbing drawings/blueprints, schematics, plumbing, and mechanical code specifications for commercial mechanical and plumbing equipment and distribution piping installations.
- Per code requirement, can successfully demonstrate performing the math calculations necessary to properly size mechanical and plumbing piping.
- Demonstrates an excellent working knowledge of mechanical piping theory, hot water, chilled water, and drain piping systems.
- Successfully supervise installation, repair, or replacement of hot water, chilled water, drain distribution systems, and piping circuits including mechanical equipment, plumbing equipment, HVAC equipment, piping types, piping materials, fitting types, valve types, and testing equipment for commercial installations.
- Correcting piping, connections, and terminations on equipment as required. Troubleshoot and test equipment, parts, piping, and fittings for leaks, restrictions, and proper flow.
- Desire and ability to learn how to use and interpret Plumbing, Mechanical, and HVAC diagnostic and service equipment.
- Work flexible hours and some overtime on occasion
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Good knowledge of plumbing and mechanical code is required.
- Communicate clearly with department managers, employees, and company customers
- Advanced customer service skills
- Effective leader with superb communications skills
- Ability to multi-task in a faced-paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Driver’s License
- Journeyman Plumber License
- Back Flow Licenses
- Commercial Plumber Service Experience
- Experience in Mechanical Hydronic Systems (Recommended)
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer