We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC technician to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate resolution to their needs.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
The Journeyman HVAC Technician will be responsible for the following tasks including but not limited to:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment and speaking to the customer regarding proper maintenance
- Diagnosing issues related to the customer’s HVAC systems, recommending repairs, and completing the service successfully.
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing HVAC systems, and performing warranty services if needed.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training, as needed.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions, utilizing the company’s software
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage: $35 – $55 per hour