Duties and Responsibilities
- Has successfully mastered all job duties and responsibilities of the Journeyman Mechanical HVAC Technician or equivalent experience.
- Supervision, code oversight, planning, and lay out for the installation of equipment and piping systems for Plumbing, Mechanical, and HVAC, systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and control, drawings, blueprints, schematics, plumbing and mechanical code specifications for commercial mechanical and plumbing equipment and distribution piping installations.
- Per code requirement, can successfully demonstrate performing the math calculations necessary to properly size mechanical and plumbing piping.
- Demonstrates an excellent working knowledge of mechanical refrigeration, hot water, chilled water, VRF/VRV, split system air conditioning, packaged rooftop equipment.
- Successfully troubleshoot install, repair, or replacement refrigeration, hot water, chilled water, VRF/VRV, split system air conditioning, packaged rooftop equipment.
- Correcting piping, connections, and terminations on equipment as required. Troubleshoot and test equipment, parts, and systems.
- Performs preventative/general maintenance and testing of HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate with other trades on jobsites, work alone, or as part of a team.
- Maintains workflow schedule to ensure productivity objectives are met.
- Communicates clearly with customers, fellow technicians, support staff, and supervisory personnel.
- Other duties, responsibilities, tasking, and special projects as assigned by management or ownership.
General Job Requirements:
- Good knowledge of plumbing, mechanical and HVAC code required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and work proficiency with computers, iPads, and hand-held devices such as smart phones, tablets, etc.
- Desire and ability to learn how to use and interpret Plumbing, Mechanical, and HVAC, diagnostic, and service equipment.
- Ability to work in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions on rooftops, outside of buildings, and residences, crawlspaces, attics, and other types of confined spaces.
- Perform physical work that requires the regular use of fingers, hands, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Regularly lift or move up to 10lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50lbs.
- Required to work from either a step ladder, extension ladder, or man lift.
- Good work ethic and the desire to advance professionally and personally.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills, communication skills, mechanical aptitude, and common-sense judgement.
- Ability to maintain a positive, willing, and trainable attitude.
- Ability to get along with and work well with people on all levels.
- Work flexible hours and some overtime on occasion.
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue education through available company and industry training.
Skills and Qualifications
- Driver’s License
- EPA Type II or Universal
- Washington Mech 1 or 2 / Idaho Limited Energy
Education and Experience
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Plumbing, Mechanical, and HVAC piping and equipment: 5 years (Required)
- HVAC Service Experience
- Experience in Commercial Services
- Customer Service Experience
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic any characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage Range $25.00-$40.00 an hour