The Estimator will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager in preparing labor and material estimates based on HVAC/mechanical or electrical drawings, coordinating with subcontractors and suppliers, completing scope reviews, drafting and submitting summaries, developing relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and clients, and assisting in the development, presentation, and approval of change orders.
- Responsible for providing detailed estimates based upon engineering and construction documents. The individual will interface with other members of the project team for completion of scope and pricing. The individual will be responsible for all take-offs, pricing and producing the final estimate to be incorporated into the final product.
- Perform detailed project takeoffs using industry standard estimating software and prepare estimates for management review within time deadlines.
- Work closely as a team with the Project Manager, Shop Manager, Project Controls and the Client.
- Prepare, present and support change order proposals including tracking and obtaining final Client approval.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficient with learning and applying technical concepts
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Display diplomacy and tact in collaborating with a wide variety of colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and Project)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or related field. Will accept an equivalent level work of experience.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer