The HVAC estimator will be responsible for providing detailed estimates based upon conceptual documents as well as schematic, design development and construction documents. They must interface with other estimating disciplines as well as the other members of the project team. Also, they will be responsible for all take-offs, pricing and producing the final estimate to be incorporated into the final product.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings and project specifications and have a firm understanding of the bidding process
- Must be able to construct a bid packet in its entirety for bid submittal
- Must be able to perform detailed project takeoffs, using onscreen computer estimating, and prepare estimates for management review, within time deadlines
- Communicate with subcontractors and suppliers to secure scopes and prices for materials & equipment
- Locate, notify and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors for quotations.
- Must be able to evaluate bids of subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, compliance with specifications, or other bid requirements
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors
- Work closely as a team with Project Managers and estimating team to identify cost saving options.
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required
- Performs additional duties directed by management
- Time sensitivity of functions and time pressures require position to be flexible enough to work multiple tasks at one time
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledgeable in the use of computerized estimating program (Quote soft preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience conducting estimates on HVAC, plumbing, and mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of mechanical construction projects
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic any characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.