Human Resource Assistant
The Human Resource Assistant assists with the day-to-day functions of the Human Resource department by performing administrative tasks and services to support efficient operations of the organization’s Human Resource department.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Enter, review, and track non-bargaining new hires into Coins system.
- Performs routine maintenance to employee information stored in HRIS system to ensure accuracy.
- Audits active employee profiles in coins monthly to ensure inactive employees are termed out the systems.
- Completes unemployment information requests.
- Responsible for the posting of all open positions
- Stores, tracks and send out resumes to hiring managers.
- Assist with executing requirements of company affirmative action plan.
- Completes E-Verify and state reporting for new hires.
- Maintain union drug testing rosters.
- Review background check results; sends out screening result notifications
- Balance, code, and submit invoices for insurance, drug testing, and background checks.
- Performs routine tasks to administer and execute human resource programs including benefits, leave, disciplinary matters and investigations
- Responds to inquiries from employees and supervisors.
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with the planning and execution of special events and department meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous Human Resource experience.
- SHRM-CP Preferred
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic any characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage Range: $20 – $25 an hour