Help Desk Support II
The Help Desk Support II role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop and network problems.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring for network.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or similar benefit but not required.
- Certifications in A+, Network +.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
- Basic technical knowledge of Networking/Firewalls/Routers/Switches.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer