- Coordinate and administer Site Safety Programs for compliance with federal, state, local and company safety and occupational health standards and procedures.
- Provide safety resource support for assigned operating units including training and permitting.
- Development of a close and effective working relationship with the project team, including but not limited to frontline workers, field supervision and department management.
- Provide overall Safety and Health Leadership to ensure all employees return ‘Home Healthy – Home Safe’ each shift.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations and emergency response.
- Conduct site inspections (track all corrective actions to closure)
- Perform job safety analysis.
- Maintain jobsite specific documentation.
- Assist in the safety planning of the work activities.
- Participate in field safety walk downs.
- Provide safety leadership of the contractor’s craft, subcontractors and in the evaluation of occurrences.
- Carry out any additional assignments by Health & Safety Manager
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write reports and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of risk, liability, and safety management
- Strong understanding of loss control fundamentals
- Proficient computer knowledge and skills, including but not limited to graph presentations.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong tracking and follow up skills.
Education and Experience
- Professional certification preferred.
- High Tech experience preferred.
- OSHA 500
- CHST or OHST Certification preferred.
- Shall be familiar with and demonstrate experience with construction safety.
- Shall be familiar with near-miss and accident investigations to identify root causes, corrective actions, and draft incident reports.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.