The Payroll Clerk performs payroll duties including processing multistate payrolls, processing employee and participant/enrollee record changes.
- Processes weekly multistate payroll for Union employees.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Handles all personnel transactions, new hires, promotions, terminations as well as changes including deduction changes and 401(k) deferral changes for Union employees.
- Provides excellent customer service with clear and timely communications on payroll questions and issues.
- Assists as needed in providing information for reconciling payroll liability accounts and follows up to resolve discrepancies
- Researches and resolves any payroll-related adjustments, problems, or questions; maintains record of adjustment or resolution.
- Responds to garnishment and unemployment payroll requests.
- Keeps informed of changes to employment and payroll laws and regulations.
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Working with technology and office equipment such as a computer, printer, etc.
- 2+ years experience processing payroll; complex processing involving multiple states and large number of employees preferred
- Experience with payroll software. Knowledge of coins is a plus.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Adherence to confidentiality and handling sensitive information with discretion
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Consistent and dependable in communicating updates, and following through on tasks to successful completion
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to shift direction in response to changing work situations
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Wage Range: $18 – $20 per hour
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Apollo Mechanical Contractors “Apollo” ensures that no applicant for employment or employee of Apollo is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic any characteristic of his or her relatives, friends, or associates.